Toddler swallows 42 fridge magnets

Toddler swallows 42 fridge magnets

''Once I removed about 20 of them, but this incident of our little patient has broken all records.''

A 12-month-old Russian toddler had to go under the knife after swallowing more than 40 fridge magnets.

Paediatric surgeon Nikolay Rostovtsev performed the operation on the little one after his mother realised all the magnets from their fridge had gone missing and immediately rushed her son to the hospital near her home in Chelyabinsk.

An ultrasound scan found the tot had 42 magnets in his digestive system.

Nikolay said: ''Over the years, I had to take a variety of foreign bodies including magnets from young patients.