French’s, the American mustard, sauce and relish brand have just released a bunch of great new recipes here are our pick of the best.
Tender Oven Ribs (SWEET & TANGY)
Prep Time: 10 Min Cooking Time: 180 Min
• 1kg baby back ribs, pork
• 1 bottle French’s® Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce OR French’s® Classic BBQ Sauce
1. Place a large strip of non-stick aluminium foil down.
2. Coat each rib heavily with sauce. Wrap foil tightly and marinate in fridge until needed.
3. Preheat oven to 150°C. Place on baking tray and bake in foil for 2 1/2 hrs.
4. Remove top layer of foil and bake uncovered for 15 min. to brown.
Grilled Curry BBQ Pork Chops (JALAPENO TOMATO)
Prep Time: 10 Min Cooking Time: 30 Min
• 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
• 55g spring onions, finely chopped
• 55g onion, finely chopped
• 110g French’s® Jalapeno Tomato Relish
• 110g coconut milk
• 55g French’s® Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce
• 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
• ½ tsp curry powder
• 6 thick (2.5cm) bone-in pork chops, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in small saucepan; sauté onions until tender. Stir in relish, barbecue sauce, coconut milk, ginger and curry powder. Simmer for 5 min. until the sauce has thickened slightly.
2. Grill or BBQ chops over medium direct heat for 25 min. or until no longer pink near bone, basting with sauce during last 10 min. of cooking.
3. Arrange chops on serving platter with the remaining sauce.
TIP: This sauce also works well with chicken.
Quick & Easy BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches (CLASSIC BBQ)
Prep Time: 15 Min Cooking Time: 35 Min
• 500g pork fillet (tenderloin)
• 250ml French’s® Classic BBQ Sauce
• 4 Kaiser or hamburger rolls
• 500g tub prepared coleslaw
• sweet pickles
1. Grill pork over medium-high heat for 20-30 min. or until well-browned and no longer pink in the centre (65°C internal temperature). Let rest for 10 min.
2. Cut meat into 3-inch pieces. Shred meat into bite-size pieces. Transfer to saucepan.
3. Stir in the barbecue sauce; heat through.
Serve on rolls with coleslaw and pickles.
TIP: Serve with French’s® Smooth & Spicy Mustard
French’s Steak Sauce Marinade (STEAKHOUSE SAUCE)
Prep Time: 5 Min Cooking Time: 15 Min
• 5ml (1 tsp) balsamic vinegar
• 75ml (3 tbsp) French’s® New York
• 75ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
• 10ml (2 tsp) olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tsp (2g) pepper, ground
• 750g steak of your choosing
1. Whisk all the ingredients and pour over steak or put all in zippered plastic bag.
2. Marinate meat in refrigerator for 30 min. or up to 3 hours.
3. Grill, BBQ or sauté to desired doneness
TIP: Great on burgers!!!