Chinese New Year starts today so why not celebrate with these duck wraps?
Chef Ching-He Huang is backing the RSPCA’s Like a Duck to Water campaign which raises awareness over the issue of duck welfare.
She’s created these delicious Shredded Duck Wraps using RSPCA Freedom Food duck, enjoy!
Shredded Duck and Cucumber Lettuce Wraps
Prep time: 11 minutes
Marinade time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
(462g) 2 Freedom Food duck legs with the skin on
For the Marinade: 2 cloves minced garlic 2 tablespoon grated ginger 2 tablespoon Shaosing rice wine or dry sherry 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder 2 tablespoon runny honey 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon chilli sauce 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce 1 pinch of sea salt
2 heads of lettuce gem leaves, leaves separated & washed
Sliced spring onions, very thin long strips, soaked in ice water to curl up Cucumber slices, half moon, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce in a small bowl with serving spoon
1. Place the duck legs in a zip lock bag, add all the marinade ingredients. Marinade for at least one hour in the fridge.
2. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Place duck legs (include the marinade) round side up on a roasting tray lined with kitchen paper. Roast for 40 minutes, then turn heat up to 220 degrees, cook the duck legs for a further 10 minutes to cook medium to well done.
3. Remove and rest the duck for 5 minutes. Once rested, shred the duck legs and place on a serving board.
4. Place the lettuce gem leaves, cucumber slices and spring onion curls in small serving dishes. Pour some hoisin sauce in dipping bowls with small serving spoons.
5. To serve, let your guests make each one themselves by placing some shredded duck onto a lettuce “wrap” garnishing with a slice of cucumber, spring onion curl, finally get them to spoon the hoisin sauce onto each „wrap‟ (seasoning to their taste!).
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below or tweeting us @FemaleFirst_UK