The breakfast stack is crammed with breakfast-y goodness, including eggs, tomato, mushrooms and bacon, all on a breakfast muffin.
It’s just the thing to set you up for the day so here’s what you’ll need and how to make it –
4 large Portobello mushrooms
2 beef tomatoes
4 medium eggs
4 slices unsmoked back bacon
2 wholemeal English-style muffins (halved)
1 tbsp chopped chives
1. Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and place in a grill pan.
2. Slice the ends off the tomatoes and cut in half to create 2 circle shapes and place in the grill pan with the mushrooms.
3. Place under a preheated grill for 5 minutes each side. Set aside and keep warm. Meanwhile, poach the eggs for 2-3 minutes (one at a time if easier).
4. Place the bacon in the grill pan and grill for 5-6 minutes, turning once until golden and towards the end of cooking toast the muffins.
5. Stack the bacon on top of the muffins then top with the mushrooms, tomatoes and then egg.
6. Scatter the chives and season with black pepper.
To poach eggs, bring a wide, shallow pan of water to just simmering. Using the handle of a slotted spoon, swirl the simmering water to create a whirlpool or vortex then crack the eggs, one of two at a time, directly into the centre of the whirlpool.
As the eggs cook, use the spoon to keep the water moving and ensure the egg whites wrap around the yolks (do this carefully so as not to break the eggs).
After 1-2 minutes, or when the egg white is cooked, remove them from the pan using the slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
For a firm yolk cook for a further minute or so. For a vegetarian option, simply remove the bacon.
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below or by tweeting us @FemaleFirst_UK