Total time: 30 minutes
- 500g new potatoes
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp sea salt flakes
- Fresh milled pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 190*c / gas 4
- Place the potatoes into a pan of boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, drain and cool.
- Now insert a skewer through the middle of the potato. Using a small knife make little cuts through the potato until you hit the skewer.
- Place the potatoes into a small roasting dish, scatter over the rosemary, break the garlic up and scatter over the potatoes, season with the sea salt and milled pepper and finally drizzle over the olive oil and cook until crisp and golden. About 30 minutes.
- Great served with all meats, salads or simply on their own.
As part of the Potatoes: More than a Bit on The Side campaign, AHDB and Bord Bia (the Irish Food Board) have created a range of quick and healthy recipes to inspire people and help them appreciate that potatoes can provide a wide range of tasty meal solutions throughout the week. Potatoes are naturally fat-free and so incredibly versatile, they can be cooked in countless delicious and exciting ways.
The recipes showcase the potential of potatoes for people with busy lifestyles, looking for something healthy and different to whipup easily mid-week. You can find more fantastic and nutritious potato recipes, which are all less than 500 calories per portion and can be ready in as little as 20 minutes, at www.lovepotatoes.co.uk / www.potato.ie.
tagged in Recipe