If you’re all chipped out from celebrating National Chip Week then why not try something a little different?
Wedges are a great alternative to chips and these spicy ones have a great flavour to them too. The flavour is accelerated by the yummy avocado dip.
Give it a try! Here’s what you’ll need and how to do it –
Spicy Wedges with Avocado Dip
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
For the spicy wedges:
4 medium floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edwards (about 1kg)
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
For the avocado dip:
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
a pinch of dried chilli flakes
2 ripe avocados
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Cut the potatoes into thin wedges.
3. Mix together 2 tbsp olive oil with the chilli powder, ground ginger and ground coriander. Add the potatoes and toss gently. Season with coarse salt and tip on to a non-stick baking sheet.
4. Roast the potatoes, shaking now and again for 25 – 35 minutes or until the wedges are soft and golden brown.
5. Mix together half the lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and chilli flakes.
6. Halve the avocados and remove the stones. Scoop out the avocado flesh and mash with the remaining lime juice and oil. Keep the avocado skins for serving the dip.
7. Add the lime juice and chilli mix and mash lightly. Stir the coriander leaves through the mix. Spoon the mixture into the avocado skins.