Spicy, succulent pork meatballs served with stir-fry vegetables in a Peking-style lemon sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
- ½ x 750g pack pork mince
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 350g basics long grain rice
- 1½ tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 medium free range Woodland eggs, beaten
- 700g pack basics vegetable stir fry
- 500g jar Peking lemon cooking sauce
- In a bowl, mix together the pork mince, chilli and half of the spring onions. Season well and form into 12 meatballs.
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, brown the meatballs in a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the rice well and add to a wok with the remaining oil. Stir, then move the rice to one side, add the egg to the wok, allow to cook a little, before stirring into the rice with the remaining spring onions. Make sure the egg is properly cooked.
- Add the stir-fry pack to the meatballs and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the meatballs are no longer pink. Add the lemon sauce and heat through. Serve immediately with the egg-fried rice.
Make it veggie: Try swapping the pork mince for 1 x 300g pack frozen Quorn chicken-style pieces. Cook the Quorn in the pan with the chillies and half the spring onions. Cook the rice as step 2 and 4. Add the sauce to the Quorn and complete the recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's.
tagged in Recipe