Had your fill of all that rich Christmas food? Make the most of your leftover veg with this easy-to-make warming hot pot stew that will keep your family coming back for more
Ready in 45 mins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 beef sausages or any other sausages you have handy
- 300g carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp Branston Caramelised Onion Chutney
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 600g leftover cooked broccoli, sprouts and peas or any vegetables you have leftover
- 700g leftover cooked potatoes, chopped
- 400g butterbeans
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the sausages until browned. Add the carrots and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the cornflour and then the Branston Caramelised Onion Chutney, cooking for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring as you go. Remove the sausages and roughly chop, before returning them to the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then add the leftover vegetables, potatoes and butterbeans, and mix in the Worcestershire sauce and season with pepper. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Serve, garnished with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Branston Caramelised Onion Chutney.
tagged in Recipe