Try a new twist on classic pancakes with this flour-free recipe, with creamy feta, a hint of chilli and Tenderstem® to add a dose of green goodness.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Tenderstem® 150g
- 50g Raw couscous
- 80g Crumbled feta
- 1 Clove finely chopped garlic
- 3 Sprigs finely chopped mint
- 3 Sprigs finely chopped parsley
- 2 Pinches dried chilli flakes
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp Plain yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Blanch the Tenderstem® in boiling salted water until bright green, drain and leave to cool. Once cooled blend in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Measure the couscous into a bowl and cover with 60ml of boiling water, which should just cover the couscous.
- Cover with cling film for 5 minutes until completely absorbed. Once cooked run a fork through the couscous to fluff it up.
- Add the chopped Tenderstem®, feta, garlic, mint, parsley, chilli, eggs, salt and pepper to the couscous and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with some olive oil and spoon 1 and half tablespoons of the mix into the pan.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a sprinkle of feta and a couple of pieces of steamed Tenderstem® on top, or add a dollop of yoghurt.
Recipe courtesy of Tenderstem®. Breakfast Week runs from 24th - 30th January.
tagged in Recipe