Total time: 25 minutes
- 300g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1tsp fresh sage
- 1tbsp fresh chopped parley
- In a large casserole pot add the olive oil, season the chicken and cook until nicely golden then remove from the pan.
- Add the anchovy, onion, carrot and celery to the pan and cook this until the vegetables are soft, stirring every so often. Next add the chicken back to the pan along with the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock and fresh sage and bring to the boil. Once boiling stir in the chopped potatoes turn down to a simmer, pop a lid on and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring every so often until the potatoes feel tender.
- Just before serving sprinkle over the parsley and serve.
As part of the Potatoes: More than a Bit on The Side campaign, AHDB and Bord Bia (the Irish Food Board) have created a range of quick and healthy recipes to inspire people and help them appreciate that potatoes can provide a wide range of tasty meal solutions throughout the week. Potatoes are naturally fat-free and so incredibly versatile, they can be cooked in countless delicious and exciting ways.
The recipes showcase the potential of potatoes for people with busy lifestyles, looking for something healthy and different to whipup easily mid-week. You can find more fantastic and nutritious potato recipes, which are all less than 500 calories per portion and can be ready in as little as 20 minutes, at www.lovepotatoes.co.uk / www.potato.ie.
tagged in Recipe