There's nothing like homemade treats on Valentine's Day. It shows that your heart is in the right place and that you've put thought into your gift.
Yeo Valley have created this yummy meringue kisses with a lemon filling to sweeten your Valentine up.
Here's what you'll need and how to make them -
Meringue Kisses with Lemony Cream
Prep Time: 1hour 20mins
1 large egg white
30g caster sugar
30g soft brown sugar
4 thsp Lemon Curd Yeogurt
4 tbsp Yeo valley Double cream
1. Heat the oven to 110C/100C Fan/ gas ¼. Line a baking tray with non-stick liner or parchment.
2. Tip the egg white into a large clean bowl and whisk until it forms stiff peaks. Add the caster sugar a little at a time whisking between each addition so it becomes thick and glossy. Make sure there are no lumps in the brown sugar then gently and briefly fold it in leaving caramel streaks through the meringue.
3. Spoon dessert spoon sized dollops of mixture onto the baking sheet. They should be circular with a slight peak and be equal in size and shape. Bake for 1 hr until they are crisp on the outside and golden. Leave to cool on the baking sheet.
4. When the meringues are cooling whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold in the Yeogurt. Carefully remove the meringues from the baking sheet and sandwich two together with a blob of lemony cream.
1. To create a heart shape you will need to use a piping bag with a small slit-shaped nozzle.
2. Place the mixture into the piping bag with the nozzle attached, line a tray with baking parchment and squeeze out two overlapping teardrop shapes to create the heart.
Are you going to give this recipe a try? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below or tweeting us @FemaleFirst_UK