The 'Tomb Raider' team would be "extremely surprised" if the franchise was over.
Although the game series' trilogy - which started with 'Tomb Raider' in 2013 and ended last year with 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider' - is over, producer Jonathan Dahan has hinted that there is much more to come for fans.
Speaking to USGamer, he said: "I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't see more of it.
"We're not able to say anything about what's happening next, but I'd be very surprised if we didn't hear more about the franchise."
Reflecting on the latest generation of the long-running, beloved franchise, Dahan suggested that the game's biggest accomplishment was consistently relaunching as a leader as technology improves.
He explained: "We really wanted to make it a baseline that if someone buys an Xbox One X, they get 4K/30fps."
He added that there could be even more exciting developments on the horizon, possibly hinting at the next generation of consoles for Sony and Microsoft.
He said: "It's actually been impressive to see how well the console has held up. I can't wait to see what's next in terms of technological advances."
The seventh and final DLC for 'Shadow of the Tomb Raider' will be released on April 23, and the consistent output of downloadable content is a testament to the game's success.
Dahal added: "We're super happy with how ['Shadow of the Tomb Raider'] turned out, both on the critics side and performance. That's why we continued producing DLC, because we're excited about how it went."