Sam Smith is scheduled to release 'Writing's On The Wall' tomorrow, his brand new theme for the upcoming James Bond movie Spectre, and a brand new survey by mobile casino LeoVegas.com has now discovered just which Bond theme is the most popular with 007 fans.
Narrowly beating out Shirley Bassey, Adele's recent 'Skyfall' theme picked up the most votes (23%), with Bassey receiving 20% ahead of Paul McCartney with 13% of votes.
Carly Simon and Shirley Bassey enter the fourth and fifth slot respectively with 7% of the vote each.
Though 'Skyfall' is currently the most popular, the study found that other recent Bond themes have failed to find favour with fans, with both Jack White and Alicia Keys' track for Quantum of Solace released in 2008, 'Another Way To Die', and Chris Cornell's 'You Know My Name' for 2006's Casino Royale receiving less than 1% of votes each.
The age of Bond fans also played a part in their theme preference, with those aged between 18 and 44 most likely to opt for Adele, whilst those between 45 and 65 preferring Shirley Bassey.
LeoVegas UK Country Manager Shenaly Amin commented: "Sam Smith has a fantastic voice so we're sure his theme for Spectre will be a huge hit, especially as it's influenced by Shirley Bassey, who, as our research shows, is responsible for two of the most popular Bond themes ever."
- 'Skyfall' - Adele (From Skyfall)
- 'Goldfinger' - Shirley Bassey (from Goldfinger)
- 'Live And Let Die' - Paul McCartney & Wings (from Live and Let Die)
- 'Nobody Does It Better' - Carly Simon (from The Spy who Loved Me)
- 'Diamonds Are Forever' - Shirley Bassey (from Diamonds are Forever)
- 'A View To A Kill' - Duran Duran (from A View to a Kill)
- James Bond Theme - The John Barry Orchestra (from Dr. No)
- 'For Your Eyes Only' - Sheena Easton (from For Your Eyes Only)
- 'From Russia With Love' - Matt Monro (from From Russia With Love)
- 'GoldenEye - Tina Turner (from GoldenEye)