Following Pearl Jam’s triumphant Hyde Park gig this summer, vocalist/guitarist Eddie Vedder writes and performs the new track ‘Better Days’, the first single from the soundtrack for the new film ‘Eat Pray Love’.
The single and ‘Eat Pray Love’ soundtrack will be released on September 20th in advance of the film opening in the UK on September 24th.
Continuing in the same vein as ‘Just Breathe’ from Pearl Jam’s 2009 album ‘Backspacer’, ‘Better Days’ shows a softer – yet just as accomplished – side to Vedder and his songwriting.
Taking inspiration from world music, the track’s globetrotting feel fits perfectly with the theme of the movie, which follows Liz Gilbert’s voyage of self-discovery through Italy, India and Bali.
'Better Days' follows Vedder’s 2007 solo album ‘Into The Wild’, which served as the soundtrack to the Sean Penn directed film of the same name.
The soundtrack for ‘Eat Pray Love’ also features ‘The Long Road’, a song on which Vedder collaborated with the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
Music by Marvin Gaye, Neil Young, Bebél Gilberto, João Gilberto, Josh Rouse and Dario Marianelli is also featured on the ‘Eat Pray Love’ soundtrack.
Liz Gilbert is a modern woman on a quest to marvel at and travel the world while rediscovering and reconnecting with her true inner self in Eat Pray Love. At a crossroads after a divorce, Gilbert takes a year-long
sabbatical from her job and uncharacteristically steps out of her comfort zone, risking everything to change her life. In her wondrous and exotic travels, she experiences the simple pleasure of nourishment by eating in Italy; the power of prayer in India, and, finally and unexpectedly, the inner peace and balance of love in Bali.
Based on an inspiring true story, Eat Pray Love proves that there really is more than one way to let yourself go and see the world.
The film is directed by Ryan Murphy. The screenplay is by Ryan Murphy & Jennifer Salt, based on the book by Elizabeth Gilbert. Dede Gardner is the producer.
The tracklisting for the ‘Eat Pray Love’ OST is as follows:
1. ‘Flight Attendant’ - Josh Rouse
2. ‘Last Tango In Paris (Suite Pt. 2)’ - Gato Barbieri
3. ‘Thank You (Fallettin Me Be Mice Elf Agin)’ - Sly & The Family Stone
4. ‘Der Hölle Rache Kocht In Meinem Herzen’ from "Die Zauberflöte (The Magic
Flute)" - Wiener Philharmoniker, George Solti Conductor
5. ‘Heart Of Gold’ - Neil Young
6. ‘Kaliyugavaradana’ - U. Srinivas
7. ‘The Long Road’ - Eddie Vedder, with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
8. ‘Harvest Moon’ - Neil Young
9. ‘Samba Da Bençáo’ - Bebél Gilberto
10. ‘Wave’ - João Gilberto
11. ‘Got To Give It Up (Part 1)’ - Marvin Gaye
12. '’S Wonderful’ - João Gilberto
13. ‘Better Days’ - Eddie Vedder
14. ‘Attraversiamo’ - Dario Marianelli
tagged in Eddie Vedder