MK Dons manager Karl Robinson said he felt "sick" after conceding twice in the final three minutes to surrender two points against Bristol Rovers.

Bristol Rovers fightback sickens MK Dons boss

Bristol Rovers fightback sickens MK Dons boss

Robinson's team looked set for a first home win since March after Dean Bowditch and George B Williams gave them a 2-0 half-time lead.

Matty Taylor quickly pulled one back after the restart but Ben Reeves restored the two-goal advantage.

But Taylor completed his hat-trick with two goals at the death, much to Robinson's annoyance.

He said: "I'm sick. I've got the video evidence that fouls were committed before the last two goals.

"I might be fined but I'm not questioning the referee's integrity. We're told it's the referee's job to look down the line and spot fouls and he didn't. He didn't apply the rules equally to both sides.

"Their striker (Ellis Harrison) could have been sent off four or five times but he tells Dean (Bowditch) one more foul and you are off. So we had to substitute him.

"Our hunger, desire, appetite and work ethic were all there - I can't really ask much more of my players.

"The referee has lost control of the game in the last 15 minutes and we've lost a bit of discipline with it.

"We'll have to look at our discipline under pressure. But for 35 or 40 minutes we were sensational.

"We then started being silly and over playing when I told us to get the ball wide and get a cross in or a shot off.

"It's disappointing, frustrating and we are feeling down at the moment, but we've got to drag ourselves back up again and go again. That's how it is for us right now."

Bristol Rovers boss Darrell Clarke conceded his team were second best and pointed the finger of blame for a poor performance directly at himself.

Clarke said: "We robbed a point, let's not paper over the cracks.

"That wasn't good enough all-round - from my performance to the players. We weren't at it and Dons should have been out of sight in the first half. They battered us.

"They had other opportunities other than the two goals. They dominated us, fair play to them. We aimed to press them high up the pitch, but it never happened.

"I'm an honest manager and we are an honest bunch of players - they know that wasn't good enough. The first person I look at is myself.

"The pleasing thing, when I've calmed down, is that we have come back. Matty Taylor is a lethal finisher who is on top of his game.

"The positive is that we have shown character - it's now one defeat in 10. We've scored two goals in the last five minutes and robbed a point for ourselves."