Unlike any other hotel honours, TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards are based on millions of valuable reviews and opinions from travellers around the world.
TripAdvisor spokesperson, Emma Shaw, said: “With the most romantic time of the year fast approaching, these awards recognise the hotels that couples rate highest in the romance stakes.”
Most romantic hotels in Europe
1. Anastasis Apartments - Imerovigli, Greece
Perched on the top of the cliffs of Caldera, the Anastasis Apartments brings together beauty and tranquility, perfect for loved-up couples. One TripAdvisor user said: "Truly Heaven on Earth - we have stayed at many many many 5-star properties all around the world and this was by far the best service we have ever received!"
2. La Minerva - Capri, ItalyAn exclusive 18-room hotel, La Minerva is situated in a quiet and panoramic position in the centr eof Capri. A TripAdvisor review said: "Best hotel on the Island - everything about the hotel is perfect. The lobby and the rooms are also wonderfully appointed. The rooms are spacious and the bed linens are to die for."
3. Cranleigh Boutique - Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria, EnglandThis is truly a place of relaxation, where couples can leave every day stresses at the door and indulge in luxury, comfort and style. One TripAdvisor visitor said: "Fantastic stay in a wonderful little hotel - the hotel staff were friendly, the room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is in a great location. Within walking distance to the lake and the spa facilities."
4. Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant - Windermere, Cumbria, EnglandA great choice if you want to wind down and enjoy the breath-taking scenery of the surrounding area. This hotel is elegant and affordable with so much around to see and do. A TripAdvisor review said: "A special place - we have been visiting Cedar Manor for a number of years and every stay, either long or short, has been excellent. The hotel is set in a great location and ideal if you want to explore the south lakes and beyond."
5. Alchymist Residence Nosticova - Prague, Czech RepublicLocated on a quiet cobblestone street, this hotel is a delightful boutique property with romance written all over. Obe TripAdvisor user said: "Romantic and central - my fiancé and I just spent 4 days in at the Nosticova Residence and we thoroughly enjoyed it! The staff and service is brilliant; quote possibly the most accommodating service we have ever received."
6. Boskerris Hotel - St Ives, Cornwall, EnglandProviding the most stunning panoramic ocean views, the Mediterranean style hotel is the perfect contemporary property oozing charm and romance. A TripAdvisor review said: "Practically perfect in every way - This was our second visit to this excellent hotel. its location in Carbis Bay is super because it means you can, as we do, abandon your car and walk everywhere. Great accommodation, great food and friendly, helpful staff make this a wonderful place to stay."
7. Lindos Blu - Lindos, GreeceBeautiful views and a to-die-for location, Lindos Blu Hotel & Suites is the first adults-only hotel in the cosmopolitan island of Rhodes, guaranteeing unimpeded relaxation. One TripAdvisor visitor said: "Beautiful hotel - excellent services - I went with my girlfriend for a week end. I strongly recommend it! The rooms are very clean. The staff is very kind and helpful. It has two restaurants with excellent food."
8. The Cliff Bay (Porto Bay) - Funchal, PortugalTrue seaside elegance, this hotel is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotelis surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners, making for a beautiful romantic escape. One TripAdvisor review said: "Outstandingly good in all respect - it is a five-star hotel sitting just above the Bay of Funchal. Most of the rooms have stunning sea views. The hotel's gardens, around which you could eat/drink if you wished made it feel as if you were in a botanic garden. Everything at the hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were all very helpful and friendly."
9. Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant - Looe, Cornwall, EnglandA genuine Cornish gem, this romantic hotel is perfect for a mini-break for couples looking for a more personal touch. One TripAdvisor visitor said: "Lovely, an immaculate hotel inside and out - this hotel is lovely. We looked at reviews before we booked and this certainly didn't disappoint. It is so clean and cosy and we really felt at home. The owner Hazel is very friendly and helpful and the food is excellent."
10. Herrnschlosschen - Rothenburg ob der Tauber, GermanyDefinitely a unique choice for anyone looking for a less crowded romantic break. This hotel has great service, homely hospitality and a fantastic location. A TripAdvisor review said: "Old world charm with modern touches - The service at this hotel is impeccable. We were greeted with a smile and a welcome drink! What I liked most about this hotel was that it had the old school charm that you visit Rothenburg for but it had modern touches and conveniences. The bathrooms were very modern and updated."
For more information, visit www.tripadvisor.co.uk