The real secrets behind dressing Disneyland Paris for Christmas have been revealed today with the arrival of the Christmas tree signalling the start of the festivities for Mickey, Minnie and their friends.
With Mickey’s Magical Party still in full swing, November 12th is officially the start of Christmas for Disneyland Paris and the culmination of year round preparation;
* It takes almost 400,000 LEDS to make Sleeping Beauty Castle shine
* It takes 590 baubles and 500 lights to decorate the huge Christmas tree in Town Square in the Disneyland Park
* Did you know the Christmas tree at Disneyland Paris is 24m high and weight 24 tons?
* Over 1 million lights are used to illuminate the magical wonderland - 7,000 on Main St U.S.A lampposts alone
* Snow falls every hour on Main Street USA
* Marching to the music and entertaining the crowds will be 12 toy soldiers, 18 elves and 1 nutcracker in Disney’s ‘Once Upon a Dream’ Christmas Parade
* 400m of fabric, 700 gold buttons, 180 pairs of shoes and 40 hats add a festive sparkle to the elves
Crikey! I wouldn't want to be paying their electricity bill!